How to Become a UX Designer with No Experience in 2022?
With industry 4.0, some jobs have become more attractive than others. If you are searching for a creative job and think that UX design is perfect for you but you don’t know where to start, here is a step-by-step guide to becoming a UX designer.
What Does a UX Designer Do?
UX designer refers to a person who combines art and science to create a Website/App from the start, enabling users to experience efficiently.
What are the Key Responsibilities of a UX Designer?
UX designers need to develop all of the skills to make a website/app design and master popular design software. (e.g., Photoshop, Sketch, Mockplus).
These are the key responsibilities of a UX designer:
- Examining current applications and evaluating their UX efficacy
- Considering the design factor human-computer interaction (HCI) using online resources such as show readers to promote their research in application testing, apps and websites defining interaction models, user task flows and user interface data.
- Communicating scenarios, end-to-end interactions, interaction templates and prototypes for other people who work with a product that integrates a visual or brand identity in the finished product to create
- Sustaining concept wireframes
Step-by-Step Learning Process of a UX Designer
To answer the question of “How to become a UX designer?” there are some other questions to respond to in a detailed manner. Remember, your main objective is problem-solving. Hence, splitting it into small parts will help you plan effectively.
Step1: Find your main objective
Just like other professions, making it as a UX designer requires hard work and determination. Before you get started, it will help you analyze your goals to answer some questions before deciding on your brand strategy.
These are as follows:
- What is your motive to become a UX Designer?
- What is your knowledge about UX design or being a UX designer?
- Which field or business do you want to work for?
- What is your salary range?
Step2: Visit sources to learn the basics of UX design
The path to becoming a great UX designer begins with various online sources such as blogs, magazines or e-books. With these valuable resources, you can learn the basics of UX design as a UX designer with no experience.
Step3: Take a UX design course
In this era of technology, online courses made a big impact on the learning habits of everyone. So take the next step and take some UX design courses to learn from UX professionals.
Here are 5 of the best UX design courses on our website to help you gain some knowledge:
This website offers UX design courses that cover a variety of UX skills. With this course, you can benefit from several aspects such as one-to-one mentorship, real-life skills, the ability to build an effective portfolio, industry-recognized certificate, resume-building assistance, mock interview practice and lifetime career support.
This course offers a hands-on affordable course on User Experience design by a professional UX designer. The syllabus includes UX research and UI design fundamentals, wireframing in Sketch & Figma, prototyping responsive mobile-first UI in HTML and CSS, and advice on starting a UX design career.
This course brings a design-centric approach to user interface and user experience design. It offers practical, skill-based instruction centered around a visual communications perspective rather than one focused on marketing or programming alone. In this sequence of four courses, you will summarize and demonstrate all stages of the UI/UX development process
This course offers an easy-to-understand UX guide for newbies for an affordable price. Plus, the course includes all sections to apply what you learned during the sessions. With its FAQ section, you can quickly find what you look for to get your first gig.
You can check out further online UX courses by clicking the link.
Step4: Master Some Basic Design Softwares
To become a successful UX designer, it is essential to master your design software skills that are widely-used.
Below you may find the crucial tools to master to become a UX designer.
1) Sketch – This a basic web/app design app for UX design newbies to draw their design drafts with an extensive set of drawing tools.
2) Adobe Photoshop – As a UX designer, you should master your graphic design skills as well as the software. With this pixel-based design software, you can manage to broaden your imagination beyond expectations.
3) Adobe Illustrator – Adobe Illustrator is vector-based design software that allows UX designers to create logos, icons, typography, and illustrations with ease.
4) Mockplus – Here’s another quick web/app prototyping tool for UX designers to convert their design ideas into interactive prototypes, test, share, iterate and demonstrate.
Step5: Practice UX design skills through real work
Practice makes perfect. The next step is to find practice through actual projects to enhance your UX design skills.
To begin, these ideas could help you to organize your schedule:
- Volunteer some projects
- Search for a freelance job
- Redesign famous projects to make your design skills visible
- Challenge yourself with daily design tasks – try to complete a design topic every day
Step6: Create Your Online Portfolio
A well-created portfolio still works better than a description while searching for a UX design role online. Make sure you build a creative portfolio that demonstrates your design skills. Naturally, always show your best UX design projects.
Step7: Sign up to Social Media Platforms and Build Your Brand
In this era where digital marketing is deeply connected to social media, it is smart to create your UX design accounts and use them as your quick portfolio page. Especially Instagram and Linkedin could help immensely to create brand awareness and find new customers. Plus, you can follow the big names of UX design and find some inspiration.
It is an exciting journey to start a new career as a UX professional. It depends on your time and efforts to know how long it takes to become a UX designer with no experience. The ideal combination consists of your determination, knowledge from the sector professionals along with patience, and lots of patience.