7 Most Popular Digital Marketing Job Titles
Digital marketing in its simplest form includes any online marketing initiative. Like search engines, social media, portals, blogs and online ads, digital platforms. Since so many people spend so much time online, it is not common today to find a marketer whose position is not to some extent digital marketing. However, these networks are specialized in digital marketing.
They are data experts and flourish at the speed of in-house analysis. They develop digital marketing campaigns, develop content for each digital platform and track the analytics continuously to assess the effectiveness of each campaign.
Below we listed the most popular digital marketing job titles and gathered information about them. If you want to pursue a career in digital marketing, you may find the best courses for beginners here.
Digital Marketing Specialist
As a marketing professional, the position of the digital marketer has similar objectives and goals – to raise brand awareness, promote company goods or services and promote conversion prospects. Digital marketers effectively interact via appropriate technology platforms, unlike the most conventional marketing channels. If you want a digital marketing career it could be your starting point. An entry-level digital marketing job titles include these responsibilities:
- Deciding the digital marketing strategies created to meet market objectives
- Coordinating digital content generation (e.g. website, blogs, press releases and podcasts)
- Virtual project management end-to-end
- Creating the web presence to increase brand awareness
- Keeping a clear voice from the business via social media
- Connection with marketing, marketing and production teams to ensure continuity of the brand
- Suggest and apply direct profitability marketing strategies
- ROI and KPI monitor monitoring
- Staying up with trends in digital media
Digital Marketing Manager
This title is the second top-tier within the digital marketing job titles hierarchy.
A digital marketing manager’s scope of work mainly involves designing, conducting and managing marketing campaigns, promoting a business, its goods and/or services. The manager plays an important role in improving brand sensitivity in the digital environment, driving the traffic of websites and attracting customers. To be more specific, Digital Marketing Manager’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Designing and monitoring all aspects, including the marketing databases, email and advertising campaigns of the digital marketing department
- Developing and monitoring campaign budgets
- Planning and managing the platforms for social media
- Preparing reports on the overall performance of the marketing campaigns
- Coordinating the marketing results with advertisers and media experts
- Determining the latest technologies and trends affecting the industry
- Assessing important website metrics, service quotas, and target audiences
- Working with the team to develop innovative strategies for growth
This is one of the popular digital marketing agency job titles. Digital strategists are also called Digital Marketing Strategists, who work to integrate digital assets, raise brand awareness, collaborate on marketing campaigns, lead digital activation projects and monitor the effectiveness of digital platforms. Digital Strategist’s responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assessing and implement digital strategy improvements
- Being up-to-date about the latest interactive tools and trends
- Optimizing SEO strategies
- Creating digital strategies that are integrated and efficient
- Digital campaigns analysis and reporting
- Customer and user data analysis
- Committing to customers, sales teams and management teams
- Mapping digital assets for business outcomes
An SEO specialist basically analyzes reviews and implements search-engine-optimized websites. She/He can also create content with keywords or sentences to improve website traffic.
- Performing A/B tests, collect and evaluate data and findings, finding new ways and insights to maximize ROI in paid search campaigns
- Tracking, reporting and analyzing PPC initiatives and campaigns
- Managing campaign expenditures, maintain schedule, estimate monthly expenditures
- Optimizing search engine ads copying and landing pages
- Continuing to discover, expand and optimize keywords
- Researching and implementing guidelines on search engine optimization
- Researching and evaluating advertising ties between competition
- Developing and executing a plan for building links
The primary role of the SEO Manager in a company is to understand, communicate, and carry out all organic search activities in key search engines such as Google. The SEO Manager collaborates in close collaboration with the marketing team to ensure the consistency and development of SEO factors that stimulate organic growth on and off-site.
- Designing and executing good SEO policies
- Managing the team of SEO Specialists
- Running keyword research for content teams to direct
- Reviewing and suggesting solutions for technical SEO problems
- Optimizing the content of the website, landing and paid search pages
- Optimization of projects direct off-page
- Collecting traffic info, rankings and other SEO issues and reports
- Executing campaigns for the social media and PPC departments
- Keeping up-to-date with SEO and integrated developments in marketing
The Specialist of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) will conduct a paid search on Google AG and all other Pay-by-Click (PPC) commercialization activities. An effective SEM marketer can collaborate with SEO and Marketing to optimize ROI in order to drive traffic to and from customers. The SEM expert manages the paid quest budget in addition. Here is the detailed list of SEM Specialist’s responsibilities:
- Testing and analyzing the data in order to find patterns and observations
- Maximum ROI in paid search campaigns with data analysis
- Tracking report and analyzing analytical websites
- Tracking the report on PPC initiatives and campaigns and evaluate them
- Managing campaign expenditures effectively by keeping budgetary amounts properly to estimate the monthly costs and reconcile any differences.
- Optimizing pages for pay-as-you-go marketing of search engines
- Optimizing payment keyword discovery continuously
On behalf of the company, SEM Manager ensures that the company’s websites, blog sites and online web pages are among the top findings as to the viewer searches for material specific to the company in key search engines. Every year the online advertising budgets are increasing around the world. Because of that SEM Manager will become one of the most essential digital marketing job titles in the future.
The Search Optimization, website technology as well as pay-per-click (PPC) internet-marketing strategies are applied by the SEM Manager to perform his duties. Below are the main responsibilities of an SEM Manager:
- Performing day-to-day company-level Paid Search (PPC) campaigns including bid management, allocation of budgets, forecasting, tracking results, strategic testing, expansion, etc.
- Acting as the customer, internal departments and third-party providers’ principal touchpoint; Paid Search, cooperation, conversations, preparation and project management.
- Contribution to the creation and implementation of Paid Search business strategies, including the development of strategic roadmaps, test plans, and risk/benefit analysis
To learn about the skills in demand in the field of digital marketing and take your actions accordingly, you can click the link and read our article here.