Free Online Digital Marketing Courses with Certificates
Without a doubt, the foreseeable future is going to be commanded by the tech industry. In fact, it has already disrupted so many of our traditional ways of doing things. Every product or service is now available online for purchase or sale, which has caused us to think differently about our existence. We need to know at least the basics of how these new processes work and consider it an important part of life-long learning. Online digital marketing courses with certificates can help us at this point.
It might seem scary in the beginning; however, once you grasp the concepts, it becomes easier. Social media management, digital marketing, graphic designing, etc. are a few examples of such concepts. Although each has its own definition, they are not mutually exclusive but are intertwined at many points. Whether it is for your own business or for leveling up your skills on your resume, having a strong online presence or having the knowledge of these will reap massive benefits.
10 Best Sources Offering Free Online Digital Marketing Courses with Certificates in 2021
Here, we will be looking at a few free digital marketing courses with certificates so you can have a brief idea about the same. But first, let us get to know what digital marketing is. Digital marketing is the marketing component that uses the internet and online-based digital technologies and platforms to promote products and services.
You can take up either or more of the following courses depending on your requirements and the type of goals you want to accomplish for yourself or your business. Most of them are of a ‘learn-at-your-own-pace’ kind, so you won’t have to worry about time constraints.
This platform is an excellent source for people who want to learn about professional Google tools and solutions. There are nine broad categories, and each of these categories has tutorials on related topics. Let’s take a look:
- Google Ads, from which you can learn anything and everything about advertising your products across the web and expand your reach to new audiences.
- Analytics Academy. Here, you get to explore and analyze the numbers of your business and find growth opportunities.
- Google Marketing Platform allows you to take up courses about their marketing platform tools and receive some of the best digital marketing certificates upon completion.
- YouTube courses where you can learn about Music Rights Management, Content Ownership, YouTube Analytics, etc.
- Waze Academy teaches you the fundamentals of Waze ads and how that platform works.
- Google for Education provides courses about cloud computing, productivity and collaboration tools, software, and products developed and marketed by Google.
- Google Ad Manager helps you earn revenue for the ads you post.
- Authorized Buyers contains courses wherein you learn to get started as an Authorized Buyer and further learn how to meet a client’s campaign requirements with the appropriate deal type and ad format.
- Google AdMob. Here you learn how to manage and report on inventory, AdMob mediation to help grow revenue, and control the quality of ads with AdMob.
This one has training programs for small and medium-sized businesses in India who wish to use the internet to expand their business. For the digital marketing category, they have thirty-one courses ranging from subjects like:
- Fundamentals of digital marketing
- Promote a business with online advertising.
- Get a business online
- Expand a business to other countries
- Understand customer needs and online behaviors
- Content, advertising, and Social IMC, etc
You need to read the descriptions of the courses you are interested in because each course is created by a different organization. The courses are not arranged in any specific order.
It is a great place to get free digital marketing courses with certificates if you are into using data collection tools and analysis to grow your business. Three reputed instructors take you through the sessions. They have courses for all levels. If you are interested in the basics, the beginner’s course would be perfect for you.
Conversely, if you want to get deeper knowledge, there are courses for that as well. You only need to explore. Also, they have a course on how to use Google Analytics 360, how to build Data Studio Reports, and Google Tag Manager Fundamentals. To get an overview of Google Marketing Platform Analytics Products, you can check out the Analytics Mini-courses on YouTube.
HubSpot was named the Leader in Marketing Automation for the Enterprise in G2 Summer 2020 Grid® Report. That makes it all the more reliable, and it offers courses and certifications for marketing, which includes a few digital marketing topics like:
- Email marketing,
- Content marketing,
- Search Engine Optimization(SEO),
- Social Media
- Website Design
- Lead Generation, etc.
They have engaging videos where an expert teaches a particular topic and explains how to use certain related tools. This list of resources and tools is attached at the bottom of each video for the ease of the user. So try it up sometime. It’s one of the best online courses to feature on CV.
This site provides Search Engine Optimization(SEO) tools as well as courses. While not all of its courses are free of cost, it still has one course which teaches you how to use their own SEO software tool called Moz Pro for free. So, why not acquire knowledge from wherever it is being given?
The other paid courses related to SEO topics like Agency, Keywords, Links, Local, Page Optimization, Site Audit, and Research provide a more in-depth understanding. You can also find more SEO courses at DAN Institute.
Another great choice is LinkedIn. LinkedIn is already backed by its brilliant reputation in the professional world, so undoubtedly, you can trust its courses. Just enter the subject you want to learn in the search box, browse through your options (the credentials of who is teaching the course and contents of the course as well), choose the course that excites you most, and begin learning.
You get a free trial for a month, and then you have to pay a subscription fee.
Every platform will offer you different modes of learning. On this one, you will be provided with an e-book. You can access ten free courses, out of which some related to digital marketing are:
- Content Marketing,
- Email Marketing,
- Online Marketing,
- Search Engine Optimization,
- Web Analytics,
- Affiliate Marketing, etc.
Along with the e-book, you get permission to take a multiple-choice test. Upon passing the test, they email you the certificate. You will need to carefully read the e-book before you take the test.
While most of the above-mentioned courses have examinations at the end to acquire the completion certificates, Coursera certification requires you to finish a hands-on project successfully. It has a Digital Marketing Specialization, and you can subscribe to any of the seven courses under this specialization and earn a certification for the same. These seven courses are as follows:
- Marketing in a digital world,
- Digital Marketing Analytics in Theory,
- Digital Marketing Analytics in Practice,
- Digital Media and Marketing Strategies
- Marketing in an Analog world,
- Digital Marketing Capstone.
This course was also ranked in the top five courses across multiple MOOC providers. In addition, the INC Magazine rated Marketing in a Digital World course as one of the 10 Hottest Online Classes for Professionals in 2015. You can definitely rely on their specialization.
Under the umbrella of marketing courses, this website has about fifteen related to digital marketing. Some of these are:
- Google Analytics,
- Getting more YouTube subscribers and views,
- Facebook Advertising for beginners,
- Selling on Amazon,
- Building WordPress Sites,
- Google Adsense, etc.
All of them are free of cost and will result in you getting some of the best digital marketing certificates. You can increase brand awareness, promote your business, and reach a wider audience by implementing the knowledge gathered from these courses.
Developed by free online courses’ pioneer Mike Feerick, Allison was founded in 2007 and was the first MOOC (massive online open course) provider. Also, we can count Allison as one of the best marketing resource for marketing students.
It offers multiple courses on digital marketing skills and digs deeper into each one of these skills. So, it gives you all levels of free digital marketing courses with certificates, whether it is for digital marketing basics, intermediate knowledge, or advanced knowledge in the discipline of your choosing. To name a few, you will be learning:
- How to set up and optimize your Google Ads account
- How to layer Facebook demographic audiences
- How to set up marketing analytics
- Create comprehensive digital marketing reports, and much more.
Growth Academy, like Hubspot, also provides flexible, on-demand video training sessions for each course.
There is always room for more learning. Adapting to changes is all the more crucial for surviving in a world that is slowly but surely being dominated by technology.
While the list we have assembled contains most of the popular sources for taking up free digital marketing courses with certificates, the number of courses you can choose is not limited.
These courses and these online course providers would give you heaps of pointers on how to enhance your digital performance, and you will no longer be one of those who are clueless about the workings in the virtual world of business. Happy Learning!