Small Business Guide to Video Marketing: Ideas & Strategies
Video marketing is self-explanatory. It is the usage of videos to promote or market one’s company or services. It can be used from something as small as live videos to something as big as product promotion. We often see ads on television or videos on social media platforms. These are all methods to promote a service except by using videography.
Video marketing for small businesses
Startup companies are often less aware of how to reach out to the consumers, and showing them what you are capable of is a significant element. Achieving this through marketing strategies is the best way. Video marketing stands out amongst all marketing strategies.
Research indicates that there is a better opportunity of increasing sales and lead generation through video marketing. The compilation of videos, photos, and texts makes it an ideal source for conveying what the company is willing to do.
Benefits of video marketing for small businesses
It might occur to you why to use video marketing strategies for promotions. Now, we all know for a fact that articles bore us, and not many people would like to read or understand something through long written texts. Videos strive towards making it easier and engaging for users. They also rank your website higher in search rates. But of course, there are more benefits to it.
- Customer Attention – Videos engage customers. Nobody wants to read pages of product descriptions. Videos make it easier to draw the attention of customers.
- Trust – Videos act as a weapon when it comes to trust. Showing them how your product stands out can bring out better outcomes. Statistics state that about 73% of customers are more likely to buy a product that is marketed using videos.
- Better understanding – When we don’t understand the concepts that we learn through books, we reach out to videos that can help us understand better. It is crystal clear that videos make it easier to understand complex strategies.
- Increased search rate – Engaging users for a long time serves as a base to increased search rates.
- Decision-makers – It is easier to reach out to decision-makers using videos. Decision-makers play an essential role when it comes to small businesses. They are the ones who help predict future outcomes.
Video marketing tips for small businesses
- Studio – A studio doesn’t necessarily have to be a big setup. A perfect studio is one with all the necessary features such as good lighting, a quiet environment for creating your videos.
- Scripting – The script is the main feature of your video content. Write down the script in an engaging tone. Make sure your script is short and crisp and delivers all the necessary information.
- Editing – After creating your video, edit it. Editing can be done using various software such as Premiere Pro, iMovie, Windows movie maker. There is a wide range of video editing software available; pick the most convenient one and get started.
- Testing – It is advisable to test your webpage by comparing it to other web pages to see where yours stands in search rates. Check if your video is compatible with all platforms that you wish to implement it on.
- Implementation – Implementation is the final and the turning step of video marketing. Make sure all the other steps are in order and have been evaluated, and release your video when you are satisfied.
Strategies for video marketing for small businesses
- Testimonials – What do people expect from you? Delivering what the customers want is the main target of a small business. They are the ones on the other end, after all. Meet a few customers and deliver your products, record a testimonial of their reactions.
- Advertise – Advertise your products and services using different social media platforms. Use catchy phrases and keywords while creating your content.
- Quality – The quality of your video matters the most. 62% of the consumers will have negative interpretations about the brand that published a low-quality video. A videographer is highly advisable even though it might be a little expensive.
Video marketing using social media
Social media has become a huge source of communication over the past few years, be it for talking to our friends or for promoting our services, it has become a part of our livelihood. The fact that social media is a growing platform is more why small businesses can make the best use of it.
With a population of about 2.5 billion viewers, Facebook holds the highest advantage in marketing terms. Using Facebook can be a gateway to higher promotions. To make your content effective, limit your videos between 15 to 90 seconds, use a cover video instead of a banner, and make a vertical video as it is mobile-friendly.
Instagram’s target audience is mainly youth. Using this platform for promoting products that hype teenagers up can root for better marketing. Instagram has multiple features such as IGTV and Reels that can be useful for posting or uploading video content. Use hashtags to promote your video content as they appear in search results when someone looks them up.
Youtube marketing for small businesses helps small-scale businesses gain popularity quickly. The platform is the second-largest video streaming. It lets you optimize your content using Google-friendly keywords. As Youtube marketing is free, it’s a win-win situation for small businesses.
How will people get to know about the service you provide if you don’t market about it?
Video marketing for local businesses is a substantial element. It is a support mechanism for those businesses that have just begun their journey.
The most influential side of marketing is that it changes the way people see your service. Know your strengths, understand them and implement them. You are on your way towards reaching peaks if you’ve got it all figured out. Learning is as important as implementing.
Online video marketing courses can serve you best by increasing understandability through videography. They are highly advisable as they provide information starting from the basics. If you own a small-scale business, enroll in these courses now.