How to Promote Your YouTube Channel: 10 Effective Tips
What’s the point of posting a video on YouTube if it isn’t viewed once? This is the perennial question for any video marketer. With 300 hours of video uploaded to the platform every minute, businesses face stiff competition to get their point across.
We keep telling you, 2021 is the year of video. More and more businesses are placing importance on video content. You must therefore succeed in standing out from the crowd before your brand is drowned in the masses. Promoting your YouTube channel is art, and there is a fine line between a painting that remains anonymous and a masterpiece that everyone hails.
How to Promote Your YouTube Channel: 10 Effective Tips
Here are the ten tips for marketing your youtube channel:
- Creating memorable titles
- Create a YouTube thumbnail image dedicated to your video
- Optimize your channel
- Improve the SEO of your videos
- Stay active in community
- Promote your YouTube channel using other networks
- Create Playlists
- Integrate Calls to Action
1. Creating Memorable Titles
What is one of the first things you do before you decide to watch a video on YouTube or not? You will start by reading the video title. If you decide to allow a minute of your time watching a video, you are going to choose the one of which you are confident of the content. In other words, the title must:
- Be brief and concise
- Include keywords in its description
If your video title is cut or misleading, there’s a lot to bet that no viewers will click on it. To increase visibility, be sure to add the relevant keywords that most relate to your content. This means that an eye-catching title is more likely to get a click back.
2. Create a YouTube thumbnail Image Dedicated to Your Video
Apart from the title, the image of your video is another important feature to support you in promoting your YouTube. Your title may be perfect, but if your image has nothing to do with the content, your target audience will definitely be less likely to click or share your video! If your video shows a cat playing guitar, the image shouldn’t show you adjusting your camera.
To help you create the best possible image, YouTube gives the following tips:
- The image should be as large as possible, as it will also be used as a preview in the built-in player;
- TIt must have a resolution of 1280 × 720 (minimum width 640 pixels);
- It must be imported in an image format such as. JPG. GIF, .BMP, or. PNG;
- Its size should not exceed 2MB;
- Try to use a 16: 9 aspect ratio, as this is the most common ratio in Youtube players and previews.
3. Optimize Your Channel
Create an evocative and compelling profile and add a detailed description to it.
Make sure your profile matches your brand image and other social channels in terms of:
- Social media icons (for your other channels)
- Custom banners and layouts
4. Improve the SEO of your Videos
The exposure of your channel and videos is linked with the optimization of your search engine.
YouTube is the second largest search engine. Optimized referencing on search engines will thus help improve the visibility of your videos among as many people as possible.
As Search Engine Watch observes, YouTube’s algorithm ranks videos in your search results based on the following:
- The information contained in the title tags;
- Retention of the public;
- The keywords used in the description;
- The duration of the video;
- The number of subscribers after watching the video;
- The terms I like and I don’t like.
5. Stay Active in the Community
Improving the visibility of your YouTube channel with quality SEO is good. But being truly engaged is better. Like any social network, YouTube is a community. There are communities and sub-communities for tons of topics, so your product or service could likely match one of them.
Find people active in your YouTube community who share your ideas and subscribe to their channels. Take the time to watch videos that genuinely interest you and give your opinion.
By cooperating with other YouTube users you can grow your community. Not only will you increase your visibility through other channels, but you will also allow your audience to make discoveries. Chances are, you work in the same industry as the users you work with. Thus, you help broaden their experience with YouTube by presenting them to your audience.
8. Promote your YouTube channel using other networks
YouTube, like other social media, is not a bubble disconnected from the real world. Consider including a link to your YouTube channel on your other social networks, website, email signature, and blog (if you have one). By sharing your videos and relevant YouTube content on your other social media accounts, you will expand your community outside of YouTube.
YouTube offers the following tips for promoting your content on different channels:
- Promote youtube channel with ads
- Advertise your videos and channel on websites, forums, newsletters, and other social platforms. Link your channel as much as possible, whether websites, blogs,or magazines
- Use YouTube APIs to create a YouTube badge for your website, which displays your presence on this platform and leads your visitors to it via a link
- Allow embedding of your content so that it can be shared by others. Use the URL that allows you to embed your videos on your website. Send links to blog owners who might want to post your content.
9. Integrate Calls to Action
It’s not enough to create great content. If you don’t engage your audience, you’re missing out on a great opportunity to promote your YouTube channel. You can use a call to action to ask viewers to share your videos or ask questions. The possibilities are numerous and they will reward your efforts.
10. Create Playlists
YouTube playlists are handy for finding and sharing your videos. As Social Times explains, “Playlists encourage your viewers to watch several of your videos in a row. In a playlist, as soon as one of your videos ends, another begins. If a viewer is watching one of your videos that is not in a playlist, then they will need to click on another video to watch a new one.
It is not easy to promote your YouTube channel and retain your audience. Besides being armed with smart strategies, you also need to be patient. Use the tips and strategies we’ve covered in this article, and you will gradually see growth in views and traffic. Plus, taking social media marketing courses and focusing on youtube marketing will make a difference. While some of these strategies take some effort, the payoff is well worth it. The most important thing is not to be disappointed if the results are not immediate. Be ready to get involved and, who knows, maybe you will be the next global YouTube star!
- Top 8 YouTube Marketing Courses
- Best YouTube Channels to learn Digital Marketing
- Best 13 tips to promote online courses to find more students